Wednesday, November 24, 2010

LEMON BARS

Good morning everyone.  Well today is the big day.  My eight year old Grand Daughter, Christina is going to be helping me get ready for Thanksgiving.   We are going to be baking the pies, making the stuffing,  making the cranberry relish and brining the turkey.  She is our little cook.  I think she will definitely replace Giada on TV in a few years!  Today I have a quick Lemon Bar recipe.  Cindy asked me for it yesterday, so I thought I would share it with you all today.

LEMON BARS

Base:

2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup of butter
Dash of salt

Topping:

2 cups of sugar
4 eggs slightly beaten
4 tablespoons lemon juice
Grated rind of one or two lemons (I use two)
1 tsp baking powder
4 tablespoons flour

Sift flour, sugar and salt into a bowl.  Cut in the butter.  Press into a greased and floured 13x9x2 pyrex baking dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Topping

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour over the base  Bake for 25 minutes more.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar after baking.  Cool before cutting.

LEMONLICIOUS!

Thanks for stopping in today
Ciao
Grayce

No comments:

Post a Comment