Tuesday, January 19, 2010

LINDA'S CHOCOLATE CAKE

Wow!  Did it rain yesterday.  Then it stopped late in the afternoon and the sun came peeking through, but I know we are going to get more.  Made a great Beef Stew for dinner last night.  Yummy!  Perfect for a rainy day.  Something was missing though, and I know just what it was.  Something sweet for later.  I don't want to take any chances of that happening again so today I am going to make a cake that I call "LINDA'S CHOCOLATE CAKE" because it is a recipe that my sister came up with.  She makes it all the time and to quote "this is such an easy recipe, it has been a favorite for so many years, people continue to ask for it.  It is timeless".
So today I am sharing it with you.  I hope you will try it soon, it is amazing.

LINDA'S CHOCOLATE CAKE

1 stick of butter (no substitutes)
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (not Cool Whip)
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup roasted, chopped pecans
your favorite Chocolate Cake recipe (a box cake will work)
1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 square of semisweet chocolate to shave on top

You can make this a layered cake or a 9x13 (which I prefer) especially in the summer time
Place the first 4 ingredients into a heavy sauce pan.  Cook for three minutes until the butter, pecans and cream are all well blended.  Pour this mixture into the bottom of your pan. If using 9" rounds divide evenly.  Prepare your cake batter and pour over the mixture.  Cook according to directions.  Do not over bake, cake should be moist but well done.  Let cool for 10 minutes and invert on cake dish with the Praline side up.  Cool completely.  Prepare the whipped cream and powdered sugar.  Frost the cake and shave the semisweet chocolate over the top.

To quote, "Oh boy...get ready for this one....it's a show stopper."

Sounds great to me Linda.  I am making it today.

*****BEST MADE WITH A DARK CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE

Thanks for stopping in today
Ciao
Grayce

5 comments:

  1. I just want a piece of this cake right now, must I make it?! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my humble opinion, there is no such thing as a bad chocolate cake. Best served with a large scoop of icecream too (French vanilla).

    ReplyDelete
  3. good morning,
    I plan to make this cake this morning for my birthday however I'm not sure if I should grease and/or flour the cake pans?
    Thank You
    Love looking everyday at your recipes and stories :)
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I f you use a non stick pan, no if you use a regular cake pan just lightly spray or grease only the sides. HAPPY BIRTHDAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You for the birthday wish... I'll start baking now.
    Judi

    ReplyDelete