Wednesday, January 6, 2010

PAPPARDELLE WITH PEPPERS

Good morning.  I am posting a little late this week because I have my two Beautiful Grand Daughters here for four days.  Can I tell you I am in Heaven with them here!  Anyway, today I have a Pasta recipe for you.  I don't know if you have ever used Pappardelle, but it is a big flat pasta and is wonderful with Veggies and different sauces.  Today's recipe is simple, but tasty, and I know that your family will welcome a little change of regular Pasta.  Also, it is a healthy choice.  My Grandmother used to make this often.  She would use whatever peppers were in the garden at the time.  But only the red ones as they are sweeter.  She also used her fresh Basil and whatever Olives were being cured at the time.

PAPPARDELLE WITH PEPPERS

 2 or 3 Red Bell Peppers or mix red and orange
1 large sweet Vidalia onion
1/2 cup of sliced and pitted green olives (or Kalamata)
2 cloves of garlic sliced
1 box of Pappardelle
salt, pepper
olive oil
Fresh Basil

Cut the Peppers into thick slices after you remove the inside and all the seeds.  Then cut them into cubes.  Cut the Onion in half and then into pieces about as big as the Pepper cubes.  Saute the Onion in the Olive Oil until it becomes a little soft then add the Peppers  and the Garlic.  Add a sprinkle of salt and a couple twists of freshly ground pepper.  Cook until the Peppers and Onions are tender.  Cook the Pasta just until Al dente, drain well and quickly add to the Peppers and Onions. Add the olives.   Give it a quick toss and top with chopped, fresh Basil.  Mangia!

This is a really wonderful way to serve a different type of Pasta.  You will love it.

Thanks for stopping in today
Ciao for now
Grayce

No comments:

Post a Comment