Monday, January 25, 2010

PORK CHOPS WITH POTATOES

OH MY GOSH!  Two awesome Football games in one day.  I hope your team won.  I don't know about you but I am exhausted from those two games.  Now it's time to get ready for the Big One.  If it is anything like the playoff games have been, it is sure to be a great one.  Don't forget to make some of those yummy snacks I have been posting for you.

We are in for more rain in the next couple of days.  I am hoping that it is light and not the barrage that we had last week.  Also, I think it has been the coldest weather I have ever experienced in all my years in California.  Personally I am ready for Summer.  But alas, today is going to be cold too so I have a good cold weather recipe for you.  Try it tonight, it is one of my favorites.

PORK CHOPS WITH POTATOES

Serves 4

1 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes
Fresh Rosemary
Garlic
Olive Oil
4 thick, bone in Pork Chops
 
Heat oven to 350
Cover potatoes with water (salted) in a large sauce pan.  Simmer about 20 minutes or until tender.  Remove from pan and let cool.  When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into quarters.  Put 2 tablespoons of oil into a large skillet, when hot saute the potatoes gently.  Salt and pepper them.  Remove from the pan and set aside.  Salt and pepper the pork chops.  Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan.  When hot add 3 cloves of thinly sliced garlic, add two of the chops and brown on both sides.  Remove from the pan and cook the other two chops just till almost done and nicely browned.  Add the other two chops and the potatoes to the skillet.  Settle the potatoes in and around the chops.  Sprinkle all with some chopped rosemary.  Drizzle with a little more olive oil.  Bake in the oven for about 8 to 10 minutes until the pork chops are cooked through.

Just the aroma of this dish will make your mouth water.

Well let us hope we stay dry today, thanks for stopping in.

Ciao
Grayce

1 comment: