Wednesday, June 30, 2010

FILET OF SOLE WITH ARUGULA

Well pictures are getting taken for my cookbook.  I am still aiming for late September or October.  All of your wonderful comments on my recipes are very encouraging and have me moving forward quickly.

Yesterday I made my Home Made Gnocchi and my friend Bonnie came and got some great photos for my book.  Then we ate!  So Good.  So full.  I need people to come for dinner to eat these meals so I can get pictures for the book.  Any Volunteers?

Today's recipe is perfect for a hot summer day.  Easy and light.  Must have a chilled glass of White Wine with this one.

FILET OF SOLE WITH ARUGULA

Serves 4

8 pieces of Filet of Sole
1 bag of baby Arugula (Wild) if you can get it.  (Trader Joe's)
Panko crumbs
2 Eggs
Flour
Salt and Pepper
1 stick of butter
2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
Olive oil and lemon for the dressing

For the salad: Put the arugula in a large bowl.  Dress with a mixture of 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 fresh lemon juice.  Divide into 4 parts.  Pile the arugula in the center of each plate in a high mound.

Have 3 pie plates ready.  Put 1 1/2 cups of flour in one, 2 beaten eggs in one, and Panko crumbs in the other.  Dip the filets in flour and shake, dip in the egg wash, then into the panko crumbs.  Lay out on parchment paper and let set in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes.  This will set the breading.  Melt the butter and olive oil in a large skillet.  When the butter begins foaming but not burning, fry the filets.  Just a couple of minutes on each side.  Remove from the skillet.  When all are cooked. place 2 filets criss crossed atop each mound of arugula salad on the plates.  Serve with two pieces of thin grilled ciabatta for each.  One on each side of the plate.  Don't forget the glass of chilled White Wine.

Thanks for stopping in today
Ciao
Grayce

No comments:

Post a Comment