Tuesday, June 1, 2010

SIRLOIN STEAK SANDWICH

What a great weekend!  Met some new people and spent some wonderful hours at Disneyland with them and my Grand Daughter , Christina.  Then Sunday, George took me to a new Restaurant in Laguna where we had a most awesome meal.  And Monday, I got a new car!  Well my head is still spinning.  I can hardly think of what to make today, but not to worry, I have a great recipe for you amid all the excitement!

These are awesome sandwiches.  Really great now for Summertime or anytime.  Also a Football day favorite.

SIRLOIN STEAK SANDWICH

Serves 6

1 1/2 lbs Sirloin cut into thin strips
1 onion
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 green pepper
Provolone cheese
6 bakery, crispy rolls

Put the Sirloin in the freezer just to let it set.  It makes it a lot easier to slice it thin.  Slice. thinly, the onions and peppers.  In a large skillet, in olive oil, saute the onions and peppers.  Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.  Add the steak slices and cook just until done.  Put into the sliced rolls.  Put on a cookie sheet and top with the provolone cheese.  Put into a 400 degree oven to let the cheese melt into the sandwich.  Serve hot.

Great with a nice salad.

Thanks for stopping in today
Ciao
Grayce

3 comments:

  1. Yummy, steak sandwiches are always so tough, I guess the thin slices is the key instead of flopping the whole steak on 2 slices of bread. Congrats, what kind of car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anew fully loaded with sun roof and Microsoft SYNC Ford Escape

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful.. brings tears to my eyes. Keri a.k.a. Sam

    Come to my sandwich blog, I'd be honored to see you there. Keri a.k.a. Sam

    ReplyDelete