Wednesday, July 21, 2010

EASY SPANISH RICE WITH SHRIMP, CHICKEN AND HAM

Well yesterday started out with a bang.  When I took the puppies out for a walk, on our way back, Flower ran around my leg and then between my two legs and took off flipping me in the air and I landed HARD on the concrete.  Knocked the breath right out of me.  Lucky I had my phone with me, called my neighbor Glory who came to my rescue.  Had to get my ribs X-rayed, nothing broken, but spent the day with Mr. Vicodin.  Still really sore today but I can type  :)

Today's recipe is something you can make in less than an hour, and will satisfy the whole family.

EASY SPANISH RICE WITH SHRIMP, CHICKEN AND HAM

1 1/2 lbs of ground beef
1/2 pound med shrimp cooked
2 cups cut up chicken
2 cups cubed ham
4 cups cooked rice
1 green pepper chopped
1 onion chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
2 15 oz cans tomato sauce
salt and pepper

In a wok (if you don't have one use a big pot) put about 1/4 cup olive oil, saute the onions and peppers just until soft.  Add the ground beef and cook until crumbly and browned.  Add the tomato sauce, chili powder and salt and pepper.  Cook for 45 minutes over med heat.  Add the chicken and the ham to heat through, add the rice and the shrimp just until heated through.  Serve with a green salad and hot french bread.

Thanks for stopping in today
Ciao
Grayce

No comments:

Post a Comment