Thursday, July 15, 2010

TUNA SALAD ON CINNAMON RAISIN TOAST

Okay.  HOT WEATHER is here.  Let me tell you I about fainted yesterday.  I started painting the downstairs bedroom around 8 o'clock.  After an hour and a half I was dripping wet and so hot I could barely stand it.  That's when I remembered that I have air conditioning in this house.  (My house in Irvine did not have it).  Ok, that is 100% better now, but it was still quite a job.  But it looks awesome.  Needless to say it was dry before I cleaned the brushes.

Now on to the really important stuff.  Today's recipe is really great for lunch or a light supper.  It's what I made yesterday after my painting job.

TUNA SALAD ON CINNAMON RAISIN TOAST

2 slices per sandwich of thick sliced Cinnamon Raisin toast.  Have the deli slice it thick or go to Panera and have them slice theirs thick.  (It really has to be the thick sliced kind)
1 large can of Tuna packed in water, well drained
about a tablespoon of sweet onion chopped fine
1 small slice of red pepper (the kind in the jar) drained and chopped
2 or 3 tablespoons of celery chopped
Mayo (just enough to hold together) don't overdo
Sliced tomatoes
Swiss cheese
Red leaf lettuce

Mix the tuna with the onion, pepper celery and mayo.  Toast the bread.  Spread very lightly with some mayo.  Put the tuna mixture on one slice, top with 1 slice of tomato, 1 slice of cheese, and 1 piece of lettuce.  Top with another slice of the toast.  Cut in half and serve with a fresh fruit salad and a tall glass of iced tea.

You may think that raisin bread and tuna sounds weird, but once you taste this sandwich I can guarantee that you will make it often.

Thanks for stopping in today
Stay Cool
Ciao
Grayce

And don't forget to be sure your pets have plenty of fresh water and have a cool place to go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment