Monday, July 12, 2010

RICOTTA FILLED OMELET

Ahhhh, a beautiful, warm, sunny California morning.  Just the way I like it.  I want to let you all know that I may skip somedays now and then as I am working on my book.  So don't despair, I am still here.  Just keep checking the blog on Facebook for new recipes.

Today I have a most wonderful recipe for breakfast, brunch or anytime.  An Omelet filled with Ricotta and Blueberries, touched with a hint of Lemon and Orange.  One of my all time favorite creations.

RICOTTA FILLED OMELET

Enough for two or one really hungry person

3 Eggs
3 Tablespoons of Milk
1/2 cup Blueberries
3/4 cup of whole milk Ricotta
Lemon and Orange zest.  1 tsp of each
1 tablespoon Butter

With a mixer beat the Ricotta for about two minutes until very smooth.  Add the zest and fold in the berries.  Set aside.  Beat the eggs and add the milk, beat again.  Melt the butter in a skillet and cook the eggs until almost done, pulling the edges aside to let the egg run underneath.  When set, flip over and cook until done.  Remove from pan, fill with ricotta mixture, fold over, sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with blueberries and orange and lemon curls.

So tasty and good for you too!

Thanks for stopping in today
Ciao
Grayce

PS pay no attention to the date in the picture.  I took it today.  Have to change the date on my camera  :)

2 comments:

  1. If the photo of that omelet doesn't make your mouth water, I don't know what will.

    ReplyDelete