Friday, August 20, 2010

IL SANDWICH DI JODY DEL PADRINO

OK OK don't shoot!  Here it is, The Jody Sandwich.  My Son-in-law Jody said if I don't name a sandwich after him, it's too bad for me.  Ha Ha.  Anyway, here it is Jody, Il Sandwich di Jody Del Padrino, or in English, The Jody Godfather Sandwich!

Il SANDWICH DI JODY DEL PADRINO
Makes two "Godfather" sandwiches

1 Ciabatta loaf cut in half
2 Eggs
6 slices Hot Capacola (Italian Hot Ham)
6 slices Genoa Salami
4 slices Mortadella
4 slices Provolone
4 slices Tomato
Lettuce
Mayo
Hot Mustard
Basil
1 Garlic clove minced fine

Mix 1/2 cup mayo with some chopped fresh basil, mix well, add the chopped garlic.  Add 1/4 cup mustard.  Blend well.

Fry the eggs, breaking the yolk, and cook on both sides in a little olive oil.  Sprinkle a few shakes of hot pepper on them while they cook.

Cut the Ciabatta halves into 2 pieces to make two sandwiches.  Spread the top and the bottom with the mayo mixture.  Starting with the egg, layer the meats and cheese in order.  Top with tomato and lettuce.  Top with the other piece of Ciabatta.  Mangia!  There you have it.  The GODFATHER JODY SANDWICH!

Thanks for stopping in tonight
Ciao
Grayce

2 comments:

  1. I want to comment but I'm going to hold myself back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody "The Godfather"August 21, 2010 at 8:28 AM

    I'll need to sample a few before I can give my final approval.

    ReplyDelete