Monday, August 16, 2010

INSALATA TOSCANA DEL CANNELLINO E DEL TONNO

Working on the cookbook, here is a recipe that will be included.  This is a typical Tuscan recipe that my Dad used to make, especially on Friday when we could not eat meat.  I made it for dinner for myself last night.  I have to admit I teared up a bit thinking of my Dad.  He would be so happy to see my book.  It will be dedicated to my Grandmother and my Parents.

INSALATA TOSCANO DEL CANNELLINO E DEL TONNO

TUSCAN TUNA AND CANNELLINI BEAN SALAD

Serves two or one and save the rest for the next day.  Just as good as the first day!

1 Can of Progresso Cannellini beans
1 can of Tuna (Albacore)
1 cup chopped celery
10 cherry tomatoes (halved)
1 thick slice of red onion chopped
salt and pepper
Olive oil and Red Wine vinegar to taste

Drain and rinse the beans.  Toss all the ingredients together and serve with sliced Italian bread and a glass of Wine.  Red or White, your choice.

Thanks for stopping in today
Ciao
Grayce

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Keri a new member of my blog. Tell me about yourself

    ReplyDelete