Wednesday, September 2, 2009

CHICKEN CUTLETS

Well Good morning and a Big Thank you to everyone who visited my first Blog yesterday.  Thank you for your wonderful comments, some posted, some by e-mail and others on Facebook.  All are welcome.
Today I want to share with you about one of the most useful items in my kitchen.

If you have ever watched the Food Network (and who has not, at least once) you will notice that they all are using a grill set on top of two burners on their stoves.  Several years ago I purchased one (made by Lodge).  They are cast iron and cost about $50.  It was the single best investment I ever made.   I probably use mine at least 5 times a week.

You can grill meat, some types of fish (swordfish, scallops, shrimp), steaks, chops, chicken and make those awesome grilled panini sandwiches.  Talk about putting a meal on the table in a short time, once you use this you won't know how you did without it.  The other side of the grill is great for eggs, pancakes, etc.  It has a flat surface.

So today I want to share a really great, easy and healthful recipe for dinner.
Chicken cutlets that are the size of a porkchop and thin
Marinate for at least one half hour in YaSoy sauce
Turn the heat up on the grill until it is hot, then to the lowest setting.  Sprinkle a little olive oil on each cutlet and put on the grill.  Remember, cook on one side till almost done then flip over and cook the remaining time.  In the meantime, grill along side the chicken, some fresh pineapple slices.  You can also grill some zucchini slices that have been brushed with olive oil and salt and pepper.

While dinner is on the grill make a salad of field greens (or your favorite mix) adding some orange slices, and kalamata olives.  I mostly use a dressing I make with olive oil, a tsp of honey, and the juice of 1/2 a lemon.  Salt and pepper.

There you have a dinner in about 20 minutes.  Healthy and yummy.
You can even make dessert on the grill .  Grill some peaches, nectarines, plums, pineapple.  Put in a small bowl with a scoop of ice cream.

If you have any  questions about the grill or any recipes, I will always answer promptly.  Once you use this grill it will become your favorite piece of cookware.  Those of you who live in the East, will be able to have wonderful grilled meals even when there is 5' of snow on the ground.

Thanks for signing in.  See you tomorrow.
Grayce

4 comments:

  1. Well, I'm going to make a comment here. I have HAD this meal and I can describe in one word what it was like; scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bringing in that grill I have outside as part of my George Forman and grilling everything... Thanks Grayce.. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should work, just leave it open flat. Thanks

    ReplyDelete