Monday, September 21, 2009

ZITI WITH PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS

Good Morning everyone.  WOW!  What a day yesterday.  We celebrated two Birthdays, and watched our favorite team win their game.  Since one of my son's Birthday (Al) is in September, and my young grand-daughter, Christina's (she is 7) is in September, I had a combined day for them.  I was totally in 7th Heaven.  Football and getting to do some cooking for everyone.  What a menu, I wish I could eat it all again today, but alas it is all gone.  I made Baby Back Ribs, grilled Chicken Breasts with Mango, Papaya salsa, Roman Salad, and an Orzo Salad.  For dessert, Chocolate Cake and home made Cannoli's.  We also had some Fresh Peach Bellini's to drink beforehand.  So, for me, it was the perfect day.  Cooking for a big group and having my Team win.  What a day!

Today I have an old pasta recipe for you.  I found it somewhere years and years ago. I had forgotten all about it.  My sister Linda brought it to my attention last week, and said put this one in, it is so good.  So here it is.  It is quick and easy and so delicious.

2 Tlbs butter
4 or 5 Tbls olive oil
1 Tbls sugar
6 small onions chopped
6 Tbls flat leaf parsley chopped
8 oz goat cheese crumbles
1/4 cup of Romano cheese
2 lbs Portobello mushrooms, stems removed, caps sliced 1/4" thick

1 1/2 pounds Ziti pasta
Salt and Pepper to taste

Melt 1tlbs butter and 2 tlbs oil.  Add the onions, salt and sugar, cook over med heat stirring frequently.  cook until onions are well browned.  Transfer to a bowl.
In the same skillet melt the remaining butter and the 1 tbls oil.  Add the mushrooms and salt.  Cook over medium heat until tender.
To the mushrooms add the onions and the parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.  Cook the ziti al dente.  Drain and reserve about 1 1/2 cups of the pasta water.
Toss the ziti in a large bowl with 1 cup of the pasta water.  Add the mushroom mixture, goat cheese and Romano cheese and 2 tbls of oil.  Serve immediately.  Serves 8.  yummmmmy!

Well I hope you will try this recipe soon.  You can cut it in half to serve 4.

Thanks for dropping in today.  (it is going to be 100 degrees today in Ca. Yikes)
Ciao for now.
Grayce

No comments:

Post a Comment