Tuesday, February 9, 2010

BUCATINI WITH WALNUTS

Sorry I missed you all yesterday, but I was in North Hollywood at my daughters for Super Bowl and did not get home until yesterday afternoon.  What a great game!  And Linda and Jody and I were so happy that the Saints won.  And of course we had a lot of great food.  Coconut Shrimp, Bacon wrapped Scallops with Brown sugar, Linda's awesome Chinese Chicken Salad etc, etc.  A good time was had by all.

Today I have a recipe that I had while in Italy.  I really do not have a "recipe" but it is a dish I ordered one night and I think that I can duplicate it for you.  I made it when we got back home and it tasted pretty much the same.  It is really good and different.  I think you will enjoy it once you try it for yourself.

BUCATINI WITH WALNUTS

1 lb of Bucatini pasta
about 1 3/4 cups of Romano cheese grated
1 cup Walnuts
4 tablespoons butter
fresh Basil
1 tabls Olive Oil

Put the water on for the pasta.  In a saute pan, toast the walnuts for a few minutes to bring out all the flavor.  Let them cool and rough cut into quarters or similar size.  Put the cheese into a large pasta bowl.  When the pasta is almost done, melt the butter, add a tablespoon of olive oil and mix. Reserve about 1/2 cup of pasta water.  Drain the pasta.  Quickly add the pasta to the Cheese in the bowl and toss, add the butter and olive oil and about 1/4 cup of the pasta liquid.  Add the walnuts and toss all together.  Grind black pepper over all and toss.  Sprinkle with freshly chopped Basil.

Like I said it is a pretty simple recipe.  I don't know if this is exactly how they made it but it tastes about the same.  Try for a change for your family.

Thanks for stopping in today.
Ciao
Grayce

1 comment: