Thursday, February 4, 2010

TURKEY CHILI

Well only a couple of more days until the game.  I can hardly wait.  Traditionally, in a lot homes, Chili is one of the main foods of choice for the Big Game.  It is one of my favorites.  Beef, beans, spices etc. make a really wonderful meal.  Today I offer a different take on the regular beef chili.  Especially great if you have people who don't eat Beef and only eat Chicken, Turkey etc.  This recipe comes from Daughter, Linda, and the first time she made it I was hesitant.  Mainly because I love my Beef chili.  But when I tasted it, I knew it was a winner.  And a totally different taste experience.  So here it is.  You may want to give it a try this weekend for your party.

TURKEY CHILI

1 lb ground Turkey
1 large Onion chopped
1 lg red Bell Pepper diced
3 cloves Garlic minced
2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
1 can (7 oz) Diced Green Chilies
1 3/4 cup or 1 can (14 1/2 oz) Chicken Broth
1 can (14 1/2 oz diced Tomatoes)
1/4 cup Ketchup
1 tsp ground Cumin, Oregano and Coriander
1 15 oz can Kidney Beans, drained
salt and pepper
2 cups cooked Elbow Macaroni
TOPPINGS
Cheddar Cheese
Sour Cream
Fresh Cilantro

Brown turkey and drain.  Add onion, bell pepper and garlic.  Cook 10 minutes.  Add chili powder and mix well.  Next add green chilies chicken broth, tomatoes, ketchup, cumin, oregano, coriander, kidney beans and salt and pepper.  Cook covered for 45 minutes.  Add macaroni.  Top with cheese, sour cream, ,ilantro.  Enjoy!

This is really scrumptious and satisfying.  I hope you try it soon.

Thanks for stopping in today
Ciao
Grayce

P. S.  Thanks for the recipe Linda

1 comment: