Thursday, February 18, 2010

CHICKEN WITH LEMONS AND OLIVES

Yea!  My computer is fixed.  I feel like I have not put up a recipe for weeks.  It is amazing how much you can miss not having a computer for 3 or 4 days.  For the first couple of days I kept coming upstairs to use my computer, then remembered it was not there.  But, guess what?  Life goes on and nothing happened.  I'm still here.  The only bad thing was my e-mail had over 400 in it.  Mostly junk.  Wish I could remedy that horrible situation.

Anyway, today I give you a chicken recipe.  When we lived in Irvine we used to go this awesome restaurant that served Middle Eastern food.  It was the kind where you eat with your hands and has 7 courses.  They served a chicken dish that was so amazing.  Once after having dinner there, I decided to try and replicate that chicken dish.  It turned out quite well.  So here it is for you today.  They used a whole chicken and I'm sure it was done in the oven.  I made it that way too.  But then I decided you could probably do it stove top also, and in less time.  It was a hit.  So here is the stove top version for you today.

CHICKEN WITH LEMONS AND OLIVES

4 to 6 Chicken breasts (1/2) and thighs skin on
Beldi olives.  These are the green olives that have similar texture and taste to the regular canned black olives.  You can get them canned or in the fresh olive section.
2 lemons (cut one onto thin slices)
Olive oil
White wine
Couscous

Put a little olive oil in a deep chicken fryer and let it get hot.  Salt and pepper the chicken on both sides.  Brown the chicken well on both sides.  Let the skin get nice and crisp.  Remove from the pan and set aside.  Add the juice of one lemon, and 1/2 cup white wine to the pan, cook over low heat till it begins to reduce a little.  Add the chicken back into the pan with the lemon slices and the olives.  Cover and cook over low heat until the chicken is very tender and moist and the lemon slices are very tender.  In the meantime cook the Couscous.  When the chicken is done, spread the couscous out on a large platter and put the chicken, lemons and olives on top.  Pour juice over all.

I hope you try this soon.  Just another way to spruce up chicken!

Thanks for stopping in today
Ciao
Grayce

No comments:

Post a Comment