Thursday, April 29, 2010

CHICKEN BREASTS ITALIANA

Thursday already!  Did I mention time is flying?  If you think you just read that then you know what I mean.  It seems like I just said it yesterday.

Anyway, today I have another recipe that I developed in my own kitchen.  Such fun.  I am always trying to find new ways to make Chicken.  This dish turned out to be really tasty.  I think you will like it as much as we all did.

4 Chicken breast halves (boneless or bone in whichever you prefer)
4 Roma tomatoes chopped
1 pkg sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cups chicken broth
1 cup of cream
2 cloves of garlic sliced
salt and pepper

Make a roux of the butter and flour, slowly add the warm chicken broth and cream.  Cook for about 5 or 6 minutes until it thickens a little.
In a skillet put 3 or 4 tablespoons olive oil. Add the mushrooms and garlic and saute for a minute or two.  Salt and pepper the chicken. Add it to the skillet and brown on both sides.  Add the sauce and lower the heat.  Cover and cook for about 25 minutes.  Add the chopped tomatoes and the gorgonzola on top of the chicken for the last the last 3 or 4 minutes.  Adjust the salt and pepper.  Serve over a bed of your favorite pasta.

Thanks for stopping in today.
Ciao
Grayce

No comments:

Post a Comment