Wednesday, April 28, 2010

NEOPOLITAN PORK CHOPS

Raindrops keep falling on my head........but not too many.  It looks like it may stop very soon.  It was like a fresh Spring day when I took my puppies out for a walk this morning.  Just a light drizzle and that fresh, spring air smell that just makes everything wonderful.

Reminds of when I was little and it would be raining and my Grandmother would go out to the garden and pick fresh vegetables for the day.  The smell of the wet Basil, the glistening of the raindrops on the big red and green Peppers.  The earthy smell of Mushrooms, all filling up your senses.  I could tell that there would be something wonderful for dinner that night.  Today I have one of those recipes.  Because my Maternal Grandparents were from Rome and Naples, I call her Pork Chop dish, Neopolitan Pork Chops.  She just said it was "braciole di maiole con le verdure."  Today is a good day for this dish.  Try it for dinner tonight.

NEOPOLITAN PORK CHOPS

4 to 6 Pork chops, bone in (I think they have more flavor for this dish)
1/2 of a 6 oz can of Tomato Paste
1 Green Pepper diced
3 cloves of garlic slivered
1 pkg sliced Mushrooms
Fresh Basil
White Wine
Salt and Pepper

In a large skillet that has a cover, put about 4 tablespoons of olive oil.  Add the garlic and saute just until tender but not brown.  Remove it and set aside.  Salt and pepper the chops on both sides and put them into the skillet and brown on both sides.  Mix the tomato paste with 1/2 cup white wine and pour over the chops.  Finely chop the pepper and add with the mushrooms.  Add the garlic cloves back into the pan.  Lower the heat, cover and cook  for about 25 minutes until the chops are cooked through.  Arrange on a large platter, pour the juice over all and top with freshly chopped basil.

This is really a quick dish and so tasty.  I hope you try it soon.

Thanks for stopping in today.  Keep dry.
Ciao
Grayce

No comments:

Post a Comment