Friday, April 23, 2010

CHICKEN CASSEROLE

Yeah!  The weekend is here.  Today starts the Yankee's and Angel's three day series.  I am in heaven.  And Sunday my daughter and I will be at the game.  I am in Yankee heaven.  The weather will be warm and sunny, what more could you ask.  Oh, that the Yankees win!

Today I have a recipe that my Grandmother used to make.  I had almost forgotten about this dish.  It is another way to make Chicken.  I think you will like it.

CHICKEN CASSEROLE

3 whole chicken breasts w/skin cut in half (without skin if you prefer)
1 1/2 cups mushrooms (sliced)
4 or 5 thin, thin slices of lemon
2 tablespoons of capers
5 or 6 slices of Prosciutto
Romaine 1 head
2 cloves of garlic
White Wine
Salt and Pepper

Cut the chicken breasts in half, salt and pepper on each side, and dredge in flour.  In a skillet put a little olive oil and just brown the breasts on each side.  In a casserole with a cover, rub the inside with a little butter all around.  Arrange the breasts on the bottom.  Put the thin slices of lemon on top. Thinly slice the garlic and add to the capers and the mushrooms and cover the breasts with the mixture.  Lay the prosciutto on top of the mushrooms.  Cut the end off of the lettuce and put the leaves evenly over the top. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Pour the white wine just until it covers all.  Cover the casserole and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Serve hot with rice or noodles.

Thanks for stopping in today, have a great weekend!
Ciao
Grayce

No comments:

Post a Comment