Monday, May 10, 2010

CASSERUOLA ITALIANA DEL FAGIOLINO (Italian Green bean Casserole)

What an incredible weekend.  I hope all of you had as an amazing Mother's Day as I had with my family.  Thank you to my beautiful family and friends.  Thanks to Jan and Robb for opening their home for our celebration of Christina's First Communion on Saturday.  What a Glorious May Day.  Celebrating two wonderful events on one day.  All in all a spectacular weekend.

Today I have one of my Mother's wonderful recipes.  I think it is just one passed down from my Grandmother because we had it ever since I was a little girl.  Italian Green Bean Casserole.  For those of you who do not know, Italian green beans are wide, flat, green beans.  I like them so much better than the regular green string beans.  You can get them fresh sometimes, but you can always get them frozen.  We grew them in the garden so we always had them.  This is a great side dish and something different for ac change.

CASSERUOLA ITALIANA DEL FAGIOLINO
Italian Green Bean Casserole

2 pkgs frozen Italian green beans
1 15 oz can chopped tomatoes
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1large or 2 small cloves garlic minced
1 whole shallot minced
1 tsp dry mustard
1 cup shredded mozzarella

Par cook the beans in the microwave or in a pan (just until al dente).  Drain.  Add the next 5 ingredients and mix well.  Put into a casserole and sprinkle with the mozzarella.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour until hot and bubbly.  Let stand for about 5 minutes and serve.  Delizioso!

Thanks for stopping in today
Ciao
Grayce

No comments:

Post a Comment