Friday, May 21, 2010

HONEY CHICKEN WITH RICE

The weekend!  Yea!  Am I the only one that loves it when the weekend is here?  Probably not.  Hopefully we will have warm weather and sunshine.  I plan to put in some flowers, read and hopefully get some sun. In other words just take it easy.  Having company for dinner on Saturday, so I will be whipping up one of my recipes for them.  My favorite thing to do.

Today I have an old recipe for Honey Chicken.  I have had it for years.  I think I may have gotten it from my daughter.  It is quick and easy and yummy.  Perfect if you don't have a lot of time.

HONEY CHICKEN WITH RICE

2 tsp paprika
1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 pounds chicken cut up with skin on

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Melt 1/2 cup butter in a 9x13 baking dish.  Remove from oven.  Mix salt, pepper, paprika, and flour.  Roll chicken in the mixture then coat with the melted butter and bake skin side down for 30 minutes.

SAUCE
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup lemon  juice
1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes

Mix together and pour over the chicken and bake 30 minutes more or until chicken is done.  Spoon sauce over chicken and serve on a bed of rice.

RICE
1 small can of pineapple chunks

Make 3 cups of your favorite rice, white or brown.  Substitute pineapple juice for part of the water.  Add cut up pineapple chunks to rice after it is cooked.

Thanks for stopping in today, have a great weekend
Ciao
Grayce

No comments:

Post a Comment