Thursday, May 27, 2010

TAGLIATELLE WITH RED AND YELLOW PEPPERS

When I was little and lived with my Grandparents, my Grandmother used to make this wonderful dish with peppers from the garden.  It was always one of my favorites and I make it often now myself.  I love the taste of the sweet peppers mixed in with the olive oil and cheese.  Bene!

TAGLIATELLE WITH RED AND YELLOW PEPPERS

1 lb of Tagliatelle (big flat pasta ribbons)
1 red pepper and one yellow pepper cut into 2 inch pieces
Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp hot red pepper
Juice of one lemon
Salt and pepper
1 clove of garlic sliced thin
Olive oil

Put the water on to boil (remember to cook the pasta al dente).  In a high sided skillet put about 5 tablespoon of olive oil. Put in the peppers and garlic.  Lower the heat and saute just until tender. Add the hot pepper. In a large bowl mix the lemon juice and about 5 or 6 tablespoons of olive oil.  Add a little salt and pepper.  Mix well.  When the pasta is cooked, drain it and put it into the skillet with the peppers.  Stir gently.  Put into the bowl with the lemon juice and olive oil.  Add the parmesan cheese, about 1/2 cup. Toss quickly. Serve hot.  You can whip up this wonderful dish in less than a 1/2 hour.  Try it soon.

Thanks for stopping in today
Ciao
Grayce

No comments:

Post a Comment