Wednesday, May 5, 2010

MOTHERS CHICKEN AND POTATOES

Good morning.  Things are getting really busy around here.  First Communion, Graduations, Ball Games, all making time fly.  Also am working on getting my book ready.  If you are not aware I am going to be publishing a cook book with all my recipes.  I hope to have it out by September.

Today I have a recipe that my Mother used to make a lot and I make it often for my family too.  A good Chicken dish that won't take much time and one that is full of flavor.  A nice change from the usual Chicken dishes.  Try it soon, I know you and your family will like it.

MOTHERS CHICKEN AND POTATOES

1 cut up chicken or 4 or 5 pieces with skin on
4 to 6 Yukon Gold potatoes
Dried Oregano
Garlic cloves
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

Slice the garlic and put 3 or 4 slices under the skin of each piece of chicken.  Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and rub it all around.  Salt and pepper each piece.  If the potatoes are large cut them in half, if not leave then whole.  Put the chicken and the potatoes into a roasting pan.  Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil.  Salt and pepper them.  Sprinkle the chicken and the potatoes with the dried oregano.  Roast uncovered in a 350 degree oven for about an hour and a half or until the chicken and potatoes are tender.
Serve with sauteed spinach.  This dish will fill your house with the most mouth watering aroma.  It is one of my all time favorites.  Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping in today
Ciao
Grayce

1 comment: