Thursday, May 13, 2010

ZUCCHINI CAKES WITH MARINARA

Well this is actually yesterday's post.  My electric was off from 6:30 am until 4:00 pm.

Good morning.  What a great day again here in sunny California.  Are we lucky or what?  I can't imagine living anywhere else in this beautiful country of ours.

Today I have a great, easy recipe that can be a side dish or an appetizer.  Good way to get your kids to eat vegetables too.  Try them soon.  My Grandma used to make these when I was a kid.

ZUCCHINI CAKES WITH MARINARA

2 good sized zucchini shredded
1 egg
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella
2/3 cup of buttery crackers (like Ritz) crushed
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (for a little kick)
couple dashes of pepper

Beat the egg with a fork then mix with all the other ingredients.  (add the crackers a little at a time to be sure the mixture does not get dry).  Shape the mixture into cakes and fry them in a skillet with olive oil.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve with a side of marinara sauce.
You can have them as a side dish, or make them into half dollar sized cakes and serve them as an appetizer.  Everyone will love them, I promise.  I have been making them for years ever since I can remember.  Never had anyone say they didn't like them.

Thanks for stopping in today
Ciao
Grayce

No comments:

Post a Comment