Friday, May 14, 2010

TAGLIATELLE WITH SHRIMP


AHHH the weekend.  And it is is going to be hot and wonderful in Southern California.  Summer is upon us (I hope).  Get out this weekend and enjoy the weather, but before you do, here is a great dish to make for dinner tonight.

I have told you before that when I was a child, meals were often just what we had from the garden.  And believe me they were the best.  This is one my Grandmother used to make, and I make it often also.  Sometimes it did not include Shrimp.  But today I give you the recipe made with the Shrimp.  You can make it without and it is just as tasty.

I must tell you that my recipes are so easy that even your Teenagers can whip most of them up in no time.  Last week my 16 year old Grandson Christopher (who wants to be a mechanic but loves to cook) made my recipe for Chicken with Potatoes.  He tells me it was "Awesome Nonni".  So get your kids in the kitchen, let them be in on the preparations.

TAGLIATELLE WITH SHRIMP

24 large shrimp raw, peeled
2 tablespoons of pine nuts
1 pint of grape tomatoes cut in half
about 8 to 10 basil leaves just torn into pieces
2 cloves of garlic sliced thin
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper

In a skillet, over low heat, put the pine nuts and cook until golden.  Put into a bowl and let them cool.  In a large pot boil water and cook the Tagiatelle just until al dente.  In a skillet put about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Put the garlic in and saute for just a minute.  Don't let it brown.  Add the shrimp.  Cook the shrimp just until done.  Don't overcook.  Drain the pasta and put into a large serving bowl.  Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.  Add the pine nuts and tomatoes and basil and shrimp.  Toss all together.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Mangia!

Thanks for stopping in today, have a great weekend
Ciao
Grayce

Note:  TAGLIATELLE: is the classic pasta of the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy.  Individually, they are long, flat ribbons, similar to Fettuccine but a little wider.

No comments:

Post a Comment