Wednesday, November 11, 2009

PASTA BEANS

Hi.  Today it is Pasta Beans as my Mom always called it.  This is a dish that we had a lot when I was very small.  If you read my first few blogs I gave you a little history about my childhood.  This dish is very simple, but probably one of the most satisfying comfort foods ever.  I made it for my kids and their kids and everyone loves it.  As a matter of fact I made it tonight.  My sister asked me why I had not put it on my blog, and so here it is today.  As I said, this is what we always called it.  There are other names for it also.  But this is ours.

PASTA BEANS

1 can of Progresso Cannellini Beans
elbow macaroni or thick spaghetti
garlic
olive oil
Broccolini, mustard greens, or rapini

Par cook the greens in a small amount of water in the microwave, drain well.  Saute in olive oil with the garlic.  Add about 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (hot).  Add the beans and stir till warmed through.  Add the pasta that has been drained. (do not rinse)  Drizzle with more olive oil, serve piping hot , sprinkled with a good amount of Parmesan or Romano cheese.

It is one of those dishes that you just can't seem to get enough of.  Sometimes, it is just the beans and pasta, but I really like it with the greens.  Kids love it.  I have seen it in Italian Restaurants on the menu for $12 and up.  I hope you will try it.  Not only is it a rib sticking meal, it is so tasty, and so economical. Not to mention, ready in 10 minutes or so.

Thanks for stopping in today.  Mangia!
Ciao for now
Grayce

2 comments:

  1. That's what I'm talkin about!!!!!! Yummmmm. My kids and grand kids request this whenever they are at the ranch for a meal.....Grayce, you've given them another winner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is the same here. My kids and grandkids will eat this anytime.

    ReplyDelete