Monday, March 29, 2010

BUTTER LETTUCE SALAD

What a great weekend.  Our family get together for the 3 Birthday's was a huge success.  Weather was perfect.  Everyone had a wonderful time.  It is so nice to all get together and enjoy the day.

Today I am going to share a recipe that my Mom used to make.  Butter lettuce with bacon dressing.  I'm not sure what kind of lettuce she used but when I make it I use the Butter Lettuce because it seems to be the best. If you love bacon you will like this salad. Also it is a good change from everyday salads.

BUTTER LETTUCE SALAD

6 strips of bacon
1 cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 tsp salt
Black pepper (I like to give the grinder 3 to 4 good twists)
about 6 or 7 cups of Butter Lettuce (I use the bagged one)

Cook the bacon in a skillet until nice and crispy.  Add the vinegar and sugar and bring to a quick boil.  Remove from the stove.  Put the lettuce and tomatoes into a bowl, pour the bacon dressing over the top and toss.  Serve immediately.  This is great with just about any meat or chicken.  Be sure to have hot, crispy bread.  (it is almost like a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich).  I think your whole family will love this salad.

Have a great day
Ciao
Grayce

No comments:

Post a Comment