Wednesday, March 31, 2010

PORK CHOP CASSEROLE

Well we were supposed to have cool weather and rain yesterday but it turned out to be a beautiful day.  It was so nice that in the afternoon I was able to take the girls down to the Lake and get a boat for a ride around the Lake.  It was sunny and warm and just a great way to end the day.  Today we are going to see the Miley Cyrus movie and then tomorrow morning I have to take them back home.  It sure will be quiet around here when they leave.

Tonight I am making a Pork Chop Casserole for dinner.  It is something I put together one time when I was going to get some unexpected guests for dinner and did not have much time to get something ready.  It was so good that now I make it just for us.

PORK CHOP CASSEROLE

3 Apples
4 center cut Pork Chops
3 cooked Sweet Potatoes
1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Cranberry sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons Mustard (Grey Poupon)
Brown sugar and Butter
Salt and Pepper

Core the apples leaving them whole, then slice into thick slices.  Put them into a baking dish and sprinkle with a little brown sugar and dot with butter.  Slice the sweet potatoes into thick slices and lay on top of the apples.  Sprinkle with some brown sugar and dot with butter.  Salt and pepper the chops.  Place the Pork chops on top of the apples.  Make a mixture of the cranberry sauce, the 1/2 cup brown sugar, the cranberries and the Grey Poupon.  Mix it well and pour over the chops.  Bake in the oven at 350 degrees until the pork chops are done.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning
    I too love this time when I get my grand kids. Yesterday my grand daughter and I made Kate's Favorite Angel Food Cake. It became a favorite of Jewell's too! My local patch had fresh strawberries so it was perfect timing. Enjoy the rest of your day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comments. Glad you liked the cake.

    ReplyDelete