Friday, March 5, 2010

HALIBUT GRAYCE'S STYLE

Hi everyone.  I guess I am not going to get my wish for a dry weekend.  If it does rain today at least I am going to be in the house making Strawberry jelly today.  Yummy!  It is the best.  I make about 100 jars every season starting now.  Also Blackberry, Red Raspberry, and Peach Marmalade.  I love making jelly.  And you can't buy jelly that tastes this good anywhere.  Yum!

  I am getting a lot of requests for fish so today, as yesterday I have another fish recipe.  It is my own recipe.  Really good even if you are not a big fan of fish.  There are only certain kinds of fish that I really like.  I love marinated swordfish on the grill (tastes like steak), filet of sole, of course fish and chips (if they are not greasy).  Halibut is mild so that is why I came up with this recipe.  Done on the grill with this "topping" makes a wonderful dish.

HALIBUT GRAYCE'S STYLE

Serves 4

4 pieces of fresh Halibut
1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 onion
1 garlic clove minced fine
chopped basil
chopped parsley
olive oil
White wine 1/4 cup

In a large skillet saute 1 onion finely chopped in about 4 tablespoons of olive oil.  Add the garlic and cook until soft.  Add the canned tomatoes, wine, and cook over low heat until it starts to thicken slightly.  In the meantime on your stovetop grill, outside grill or in another pan cook the halibut (that has been salted and peppered) until it is done.  Add the chopped parsley and basil to the tomato mixture.  Cook for a few minutes.  Remove Halibut to a serving platter and spoon the tomato mixture over the fish.  Serve with your favorite rice.

Fresh and delicious.  And as always, good for you.  Try it tonight.  Even your kids will love this dish.

Thanks for stopping in today.  Have a great weekend.  Keep dry.
Ciao
Grayce

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this after the next trip to Crystal Cove, Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. You will love this recipe Jeff. Ciao!

    ReplyDelete