Wednesday, March 24, 2010

CHICKEN BECHAMEL WITH MUSHROOMS

Hi everyone.  I can't believe it!  I posted on Facebook yesterday to remind everyone to get a FREE Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, then I forgot to get one myself.  Waw!  And yesterday was an Ice Cream kind of day.  Sunny and warm.  Too much going on I guess.

Today we are going the Chicken route once again.  This is one of my favorites.  I love the sauce and I am a big fan of any kind of mushrooms.  So this is something I made often for my family.  You can have it with mashed Potatoes, with Fettucini (which is how I like it).  The trick is to cook the Chicken quickly so it is very tender.  It looks like an elegant dish but is so easy and quick to make.

CHICKEN BECHAMEL WITH MUSHROOMS

4 Boneless skinless chicken cutlets. (these are chicken breasts that are already pounded into nice round cutlets (in your Grocer's case made by Foster Farms) or you can pound your own
1 1/2 cups of sliced mushrooms
Butter
Olive Oil
White Wine
Salt and Pepper

In a saucepan melt 1 tablespoon of butter, add 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour to make a roux.  When smooth slowly add 3/4 cups warm cream, stir until smooth then add 1/4 cup of White Wine.  Cook until it thickens slightly.  Set aside.
Salt and pepper the cutlets.  Put 5 or 6 tbls of olive oil in a skillet.  When hot turn down the heat and cook the cutlets until browned on both sides.  Cook just until done. Remove from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm.  Add 4 tablespoons of butter to the pan and saute the mushrooms until tender.  Add the mushrooms to the Bechamel sauce and stir.  Plate the cutlets and pour some sauce with mushrooms over all.
I serve this with Fettucini.  Put the Fettucini on a large platter (3/4 lb cooked, add 1 tablespoon butter and 2 of olive oil to the pasta and toss)arrange the cutlets on top and spoon the mushrooms and sauce over all.  Top with a little chopped Italian parsley.  Mangia!  Bene!

A glass of White Wine.  What more could you ask for?  This is really a great dish.  Try it soon.

Thanks for stopping in today.
Ciao
Grayce

No comments:

Post a Comment