Tuesday, October 6, 2009

CORN CASSEROLE

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for stopping by today.  This weather has my mind whirling with recipes for cool weather.  I always call Fall and Winter dishes comfort food.  It just seems that things that come out of the oven or a couple of hours on the stovetop make you feel, well, comforted.  The wonderful aromas permeate the house for hours and you just don't get that with outdoor grilling.  Don't get me wrong, I love summer and all the wonderful foods that go with it, but now, it's time for those comfort foods.  Today I have a recipe that some of you probably have already made.  I had never made it until a couple of years ago when my friend Marti told me she was making it for Thanksgiving.  I made it as a side dish for our Thanksgiving dinner and let me tell you it was amazing.  The only problem with this dish is that you want it all to yourself.  It is one of those things that you just can't stop eating.  I made a double batch and it was GONE!  Not only is it mouth watering, it also is one of the most simple things I have ever made.

So here is the recipe for CORN CASSEROLE

1 can Niblets corn
1 can Niblets creamed corn
1 stick of butter (melted)
1 cup Knudsen sour cream
1 package Jiffy Corn Muffin mix

Mix all ingredients together and pour into a buttered casserole.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.
That's it!  I guarantee that once you make this, you will make it often.  Serve it as a side dish with Pork Chops, or Chicken, and a vegetable and a salad.  If you have children they will love it.  I hope you will try it soon.  It is just plain Yummy!

Thanks for stopping by.
Ciao for now
Grayce

2 comments:

  1. You were right, my family loves this and the leftovers were just as good the following evening.

    ReplyDelete