Wednesday, October 21, 2009

POLLO ALLA CACCIATORE

Hi everyone.  Today I have "Grandma's Chicken Caccitore" recipe for you.  There are so many variations of this recipe.  I guess different regions of Italy make it differently.  Most of the ones that I have seen vary, but are really basically the same.  I mean it is Chicken with Vegetables, Tomatoes, etc. all put together so I guess it really does not matter if each one is a little different.  This recipe is the way I know my Mother and her Mother made it.  The good thing about it is that it is one of those dishes that cooks for awhile so that the aroma fills the house and makes your mouth water while it is cooking.  You can serve it with pasta, or just plain.  We always had it with pasta so that is how I will tell you to make it.  Whenever I make it, it reminds me of when my family all lived together.  It always brings memories of my Grandmother and my Mother.  It is definitely one of the "comfort foods".

2 chicken breasts, cut in half
2 chicken legs
2 chicken thighs
1 green or red pepper
1 chopped onion
1 pkg of mushrooms sliced
3/4 cup of good dry white wine
2 cloves of garlic
1  can of chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup chicken broth
olive oil
flour
salt and pepper

Dredge the chicken pieces (that have been salted and peppered) in the flour and brown them in the olive oil in a chicken fryer or dutch oven.  Remove from the pan and add the minced garlic, chopped pepper, onion, mushrooms and saute for a few minutes.  Add the chicken broth, wine and tomatoes and cook until it begins to reduce, add the chicken and salt and pepper to taste.  Cover and cook until the chicken is tender.  Serve with your favorite pasta.

There you have it.  This takes about an hour and a half to get on the table.  A good for you , hearty meal that all of the family will enjoy.  Try it soon.

Thanks for stopping in today.  Tell your friends about Grayce's blog and have them sign up to be followers.

Ciao for now
Grayce

No comments:

Post a Comment