Tuesday, October 20, 2009

PASTA WITH SHRIMP

Welcome!  I was all prepared to give you the most scrumptious Chocolate Brownie recipe ever.  But alas, I cannot seem to locate it anywhere.  I know it by heart but I cannot be quite sure enough to pass it on to you.  So, today I will search through the mass of cookbooks and when I find it, I will post it for your enjoyment. So from Brownies to Dinner.  I am having company tonight and I don't have a lot of time so I am going to be making this Shrimp and Pasta dish, which I make often.  It is easy, delicious and is a wonderful "Company Dinner Dish".

This serves 4 people
20 Jumbo Shrimp (raw) de-veined and tail off
1 lb Barilla Thick Spaghetti
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 lemon
2 tbls drained and rinsed capers
2 to 3 cloves minced garlic
chopped flat leaf parsley

While the pasta is cooking saute the garlic in 3  tabls of olive oil.  Add the shrimp and cook just until pink on both sides.  Don't overcook as the shrimp will get tough.  Add the capers and the red pepper flakes.  Mix about 1/4 cup olive oil or more (to coat the pasta) with the juice of one lemon,  Drain the pasta (al dente) and add the olive oil mixture, toss to mix and then add the shrimp and capers. Toss quickly and serve hot. Top with the chopped parsley.

I always serve this with a Ceasar Salad and some grilled bread.  A nice Pinot Grigio makes it a perfect meal.  Fit for a King and Queen, if you happen to know one.  Sometimes I just make it for myself :).

So there you have it.  Try it soon.  Just a few ingredients, a short amount of time and a wonderful meal is on the table.

Thanks for stopping in today
Ciao for now
Grayce

1 comment: