Tuesday, October 27, 2009

PUMPKIN CAKE


PUMPKINS, PUMPKINS everywhere.  So now that it is almost Halloween and Pumpkins are plentiful,  it is time for a Pumpkin recipe. I love Fall and this time of year.  And I adore Halloween.  I love to decorate and make Treat bags for all the Trick or Treaters.  It was always a big day at our house.  This year I will go to my Daughter's house and go out with the two girls, Kate and Christina.  I have so many recipes using Pumpkin but this one is for a really good cake.  I have been making it since my Children were little.  It is just as good today as it was back then. I hope you will try it.

PUMPKIN CAKE

Sift together:
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon

Mix in another bowl and beat:
4 eggs plus 2 cups granulated sugar, then add 1 cup Wesson oil and the flour mixture and beat well.  Add 2 cups of pumpkin (Libby's).
Pour into a greased and floured 13x9x2 baking pan
Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees
Let Cake cool completely before frosting.

FROSTING
1 stick of butter at room temp and 6 oz cream cheese.  Cream butter and cream cheese together then add 1 box powdered sugar.  Beat well.  Add 2 tsp vanilla and 1 cup broken pecans.  Frost cooled cake.
Keep any leftover in the refrigerator (leftover? :))

Make it for Halloween, your family will love it.

(someone inquired about my photo, it was taken this past August at a family Birthday dinner)

Thanks for stopping in today.
Ciao for now
Grayce

2 comments:

  1. love cream cheese frosting and pumpkin! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too. Also on Carrot cake. I could just eat the frosting :)

    ReplyDelete