Tuesday, December 8, 2009

CHICKEN BREAST STILE DI PIEMONTE

Good morning.  Wow it is cold here today.  Rain and cold.  Wah!  I don't like this one bit.  Ok, winter can be over now.  I'm ready for summer again.  But I do have to say this kind of weather really puts me in overdrive to cook and bake.  I am starting on the cookies that keep and it does smell good in the house and makes you happy all over.
Some time ago I told you about my Uncle who was the Pastry Chef.  He was from Piedmont, Italy.  One of the recipes I remember my Aunt making was Chicken Breasts, Piedmont style.  They are quick, easy and a little different than regular old style chicken.  I don't know about you but I am always looking for another way to cook chicken.  Try this soon.

CHICKEN BREAST STILE DI PIEMONTE

2 whole Boneless Chicken Breasts cut in half (or 4 boneless halves)
1/4 cup of flour
12 very large mushrooms sliced thick and sauteed in butter.  When cooked add 1 tbls of Marsala Wine and stir
4 thin slices of Swiss Cheese
salt and pepper

Put the Chicken breasts between wax pepper and pound them until they are thin.  Season with salt and pepper and coat them with flour.  In a large skillet, heat 2 or 3 tablespoons of butter and three or four tablespoons of olive oil.  When hot, lower the heat to medium and fry the Chicken until tender, about 5 minutes on each side.  Remove the Chicken to a cookie sheet or shallow baking pan.  Arrange the mushrooms on top of each and cover with a slice of cheese.  Put under the broiler long enough to melt the cheese.  Serve immediately.  Serve with Broccoli cooked al dente and sprinkled with olive oil and fresh lemon juice.  There you have it.  Another tasty, different way to do Chicken.  Mangia!

Thanks for stopping in today.  Keep warm!
Ciao
Grayce

No comments:

Post a Comment