Thursday, December 3, 2009

PORK CHOPS WITH OREGANO AND GARLIC

Good Morning everyone.  I sure did not want to get up this morning.  But when you have 2 puppies that have to go out, you have to get up. Today I want to share a recipe that my Grandmother and Mother used to make.  And I make for my family too.  It is perfect for Fall like weather and is a change from Chicken and Beef.  Also Pork is "the other White meat" and when cooked properly has so much flavor.  I can remember so many wonderful dishes that my family made using Pork.  This recipe will bring new flavors to just plain old Pork Chops.  I hope you will try it soon.  Using different spices in your cooking, really enhances the flavors of what you are making.


PORK CHOPS WITH OREGANO AND GARLIC

Serves 4

4 thick Pork Chops (bone in or out)
3 or 4 cloves of Garlic thinly sliced
Dried Oregano
2 large Russet Potatoes (boiled with skins on just until tender)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

Gently boil the potatoes just until they are almost tender.  Remove from the pot and set aside.  In a large skillet, put 5 or 6 tablespoons of olive oil, when it is hot, turn heat to medium and add the garlic.  Cook just until it begins to turn light brown.  Remove from the pan and set aside.  Salt and pepper the chops on both sides and sprinkle with dried oregano.  Sear the pork chops on both sides in the hot skillet, lower the heat and cook until done.  Remove from the pan to a platter and cover with foil.  Slice the potatoes into thick pieces, salt and pepper them and finish cooking them in the skillet.  (Add a couple more tbls of olive oil if needed).  Just before they are finished add the reserved garlic and stir.  Arrange the pork chops in a row, overlapping just a bit, on the platter.  Spoon the potatoes alongside the chops on either side.  Top with a couple sprigs of fresh oregano.
Make a mixed green salad with a dressing of lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper.

A meal that is satisfying and oh so flavorful.  A glass of chilled White Wine will be perfect!  Enjoy!

See you tomorrow
Ciao
Grayce

4 comments:

  1. I love this recipe... but I'll have red wine if that is ok

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I forgot about this recipe. I loved warm bread with butter to go with that succulent meat.

    Thanks for reminding me about this wonderful "other white meat" favorite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other than pork being from a pig, and other than the fact that I happen to love pigs, I also love this meal. One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete