Thursday, December 17, 2009

PINEAPPLE CHICKEN

Ok I know it is not summer but it was almost 78 degrees here today.  Also I bought a deliciously sweet Pineapple.  Hence today's recipe.  This is one of my own concoctions and even though I usually make it in the summertime, I had it for dinner because as I said, it was warm and beautiful and I had a sweet Pineapple.  Things just strike me like that and since I am free to do as I please, and eat what I like, when I like, I decided I shall have my Pineapple Salad.  You are the beneficiary of all of this :)  I know I am rambling.  I am writing this blog at night because I have a huge day tomorrow.  Shopping for cookie ingredients and making some batters for the big cookie baking day on Saturday.  So bear with me.  Here it is then.

PINEAPPLE CHICKEN

1 Pineapple
2 cups diced Chicken
1 container Knudsen sour cream or Vanilla Yoghurt
1/4 cup chopped Walnuts
1/2 cup seedless Grapes
1/2 cup of Raisins
1/2 cup shredded coconut

Cut the Pineapple in half and cut out each half and dice the Pineapple into bite sized pieces.  Mix with the Chicken, Walnuts, Grapes, Raisins and coconut.  Add enough Sour Cream to mix.  Put back into the Pineapple halves,  and serve.  Great with Banana Bread.

There you have it.  A great warm weather salad.

Thanks for stopping in, have a great weekend
Ciao
Grayce

No comments:

Post a Comment