Tuesday, December 22, 2009

GRAYCE'S SPINACH

Ok, I know that does not sound like much of a name for a recipe, but I have not come up with a catchy name as yet so it is what it is.  Anyway, it's just another way to serve Spinach that is a little different and that everyone, even kids will love.  I always make my Spinach sauteed in olive and garlic.  Either that, or raw in a salad.  So one day I thought, what could be good with Spinach and give it some crunch?  I love a little crunch in my salads so why not in the sauteed Spinach?  I like Pine Nuts, Almonds and Raisins so let me try some of those today.  And so I did.  Hence today's recipe.  Quick, easy and tasty.  Give it a try.

GRAYCE'S SPINACH

To serve four                      
2 lbs of Spinach washed and patted dry (I just use the big bags already done)
3 cloves of Garlic sliced thin
1/4 cup Pine Nuts or Almonds
about 1/2 cup Golden Raisins
Pinch of nutmeg
Olive Oil

Soak the raisins in hot water for about 10 minutes until they plump up and are soft.  In a heavy skillet put a 1/4 cup of Olive Oil and let it get hot.  Slice the Garlic very thin and saute just until starting to brown, quickly add the nuts and turn down the heat.  Saute them for a minute or so and then add the Spinach.  Add it a little at a time so as it wilts you can keep adding until it is all in the pan.  Saute quickly (don't overcook), add the Raisins and a pinch of Nutmeg.  Turn out into a bowl and serve hot!  Bene!

I could eat this all day long.  Your kids will love it and they won't even know they are eating something good for them  :) .  Try it soon.

thanks for stopping in today.
Ciao
Grayce

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Grayce! I was just going to look for a spinach dish for Christmas dinner to go along with a Mediterranean theme - this is perfetto! I will skip the pine nuts as some cannot eat them. Molto bene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. You can also use the Almonds. But just as good without. Buon Natale!

    ReplyDelete