Friday, December 4, 2009

CROSTINI ALLA MOZZARELLA

 Hi there.  Good morning!  I don't know about you but I am all about getting my house decorated for Christmas and then watching football all day Sunday while I sit surrounded by the sights and smells of the Holidays.  So that is going to be my weekend.  Hopefully it won't rain on Saturday when I go to get my tree.
Today I have a little treat you can make for football Sunday.  Or anytime you crave a hot, delicious snack.  Your kids will love this one too.  It is simple and just melts in your mouth.

1 French bread baguette
1 large ball of Mozzarella (not the fresh one packed in water for this)
2 cups of your Marinara sauce

Cut the bread and the cheese into 1/3" slices.  On a large skewer, put a slice of bread, then a slice of cheese.  Use 3 slices of cheese and beginning and ending with a bread slice. (so 3 cheese and 4 breads).  Lightly brush the bread with olive oil.  Place the skewers on a rimmed cookie sheet or in a baking dish (that have been heated in the oven) and bake in a pre-heated oven (450 degrees) just until the cheese melts and the bread is toasty.  Remove from the oven and sprinkle the top of each with minced fresh Basil.  Serve hot with the Marinara sauce.
This is sooo good.  Be sure to use the skinny Baguette and cut the cheese to fit.

Have a great weekend.  See you all on Monday.
Ciao
Grayce

1 comment: