Tuesday, December 22, 2009

ENGLISH TRIFLE

Well I officially finished baking the last Biscotti and Pizzelles today. (Tuesday)  I am writing this in the evening because tomorrow I am baking two of my famous Cheescakes and starting on the Trifle for Christmas Day.  I also have to get my Puppies groomed so they will be Christmas ready and deliver the last of the goodies I have baked.  Whew! Today I give you English Trifle as taught to me by my lovely English neighbor, Dorothy.  Who just happens to be the sweetest woman on earth!

TRIFLE

Large glass bowl with straight sides not rounded
Lady Fingers
Jello
Vanilla Pudding
Bananas
Fruit Cocktail
Cherry pie filling
Whipping cream

Line your bowl on the bottom and up the sides with the Lady Fingers.  Make one large package of Cherry Jello and pour into bowl for first layer.  Refrigerate.  When completely set, make one large package of Vanilla Pudding (not instant) let cool completely, gently pour over set Jello, Slice Bananas on top, refrigerate.  When set make another package of Jello, let it cool for about 15 minutes, drain a can of Fruit Cocktail and mix in, let set in refrigerator till just set, then pour on top of Pudding layer.  Refrigerate.  When completely set, make the last box of Pudding.  When completely cool, pour over Jello layer.  Refrigerate.  When completely cooled and set, gently pour 1 or 2 cans of Cherry Pie filling to cover the top, refrigerate.  Serve with whipped cream. Awesome presentation and yummy to eat!

We always have Trifle and my Cheesecake every Christmas.

Ciao for now
Grayce

2 comments: